Tuesday 2 September 2014

Magnatab


I got Willow this handy little gadget- a magnatab- and it lives in my bag as something for her to play with when we are out and bored. The little silver balls are magnetic, so when you run the pen over them they jump up and stick to the top. I don't know if that description made sense, but Willow enjoys it. There is an alphabet version, but it's $40... Maybe a Christmas gift? Hmm... There are already a few things that M and I are thinking of getting her for Christmas- like her very own mirror for her room, or a dream catcher for her collection, or duplo- so, we will see, since we don't like to go too crazy.


Suddenly it seems almost like spring might be here. Almost. But almost means it's time to start preparing to plant things... I have missed having fresh herbs growing. Basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, mint, coriander and parsley- I can't wait to get them growing! I've never had luck with starting sage from seed, and my mint keeps dying :( but a new house a new start? Perhaps this summer I shall (literally) taste success?


The cows are looking very fat in the nearby paddocks, and there are flowers appearing on certain bushes. Willow has planted a seed from an orange in our backyard, and she's been dutifully watering it every day for several days. I haven't been able to bring myself to tell her The Truth. We really need to do something with the garden, which is just a badly grassed sloping bit of land filled with bindis, but... money. Also, time. We're more focussed on the inside of the house. The outside is a big job.

I'd really love to just wake up and find it had been terraced and retaining walls up and a new fence up. Council approvals and paperwork done. Garden planned and planted and just done, ready for us to enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...