Tuesday 12 August 2014

Don't touch the wall.

Recently M and I went to a nearby housing display village. We used to go there to daydream about our future house. Now we just go there to look at houses better than ours, and attempt to recreate that better-ness, at a fraction of the price and skill.

Willow actually loves this practice of looking at fancy houses- she seems very at home as she asks us to feel this carpet, isn't it nice? Wow, I've never seen such an amazing painting in my life! If we lived here, can this be my room? She's also taken to asking am I allowed to touch these walls? 
I guess the why would you touch the freshly painted walls incident really made an impression on her. 

Our spare bedroom has warped walls. This makes putting in new skirting boards tricky. We've temporarily thrown our hands in the air (well, M has) and decided to leave it for a few days... but then, M always plans things for his day off (Let's go see a movie! Let's go to the park! Let's go for a drive!) and it's almost like he's trying to avoid doing stuff around the house... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...