Thursday 21 August 2014

A house tour (by willow).

Recently, I was sick sick sick. (This was before we started ripping up the carpet). Lie in bed or on the couch for several days type sick. If I was upright I was dizzy, if I was horizontal I was asleep. (I managed to sleep through M's hammering and sanding in the room next door). Willow was sick first, and after vomiting everywhere for a day, she slowly began to get better. It took me a bit longer. M had night shifts, so unfortunately, for several days.... Willow got really good at fending for herself. (To his credit, M offered to not go to work, but then we would have had no money). Sometimes I'd wake and I'd lurch to the toilet and Willow would be all Oh mummy, are you awake? Can you look after me now? YAY! Other times I'd crawl into the kitchen to refill my water bottle and see she'd been making herself sandwiches. Sometimes I asked her what she had been doing for the past few hours, and she'd shrug and be all Oh, just playing in my room quietly. Sometimes I'd wake to find her beside me, playing games on my phone. Thank you Duplo, we owe you one.
On the upside, Willow was still pretty crook the whole time I was sick, so she wasn't eating much or very active, which was a god send in a way. She also ended up getting jelly for breakfast. Part of it was me feeling bad, another part was me figuring she'd enjoy making it and it was easy to clean up.

After a few days I emerged from the haze and found Willow had spent one morning taking photos on my phone. I actually find it fascinating to see the world from her perspective- what she values, what she sees. So, here we are.
Obligatory selfie.
Looking up from her bed.
Our shoe basket and laundry. 
Oh yeah, we finally got a rug to go by the front door.
The carpet. This... is a flattering photo of it. 
Sitting by our bedroom door and looking into the bathroom area. Yeah, obviously when I'm sick I don't pick any clothes off the floor.
Many selfies.
And another.
Scratched up kitchen floorboards.
M has been replacing our switches. It's nice to know Willow appreciated that small detail. Also, it appears Willow has swtiched to square photos now. 
Dining table. There were actually heaps of photos of this- she's obviously been posting the shiny stones and wooden puzzle piece just so
Willow loves sitting in the sun in the kitchen.
Sitting in her favourite spot on the floor.
Oh yeah. Our kitchen drawers don't quite sit flush. It's very annoying. 
Kitchen floorboards. Rustic.
We have lots of sun catchers in our kitchen window. Willow loves the rainbows and bits of light that they throw around the room. We make them ourselves.
Our floorboards could deal with a re polish. 
See our exhaust fan? How it's kinda red? Yeah. That's from when we were sanding the terracotta suede walls. Told you it went everywhere.
So that's a bit of our house, from Willow's perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...