Wednesday 9 July 2014

Pins that Willow loves.

Willow really enjoys looking at my pinterest with me, for the exact same reason- to get completely unrealistic ideas of decor. Ever since we told her about the move, and mentioned she'd get a new bedroom, she's been telling me what she wants in it. (Generally, rainbows. Rainbow curtains, a rainbow wall, rainbow sheets and a rainbow bed.) Anyways, here are some of her favourite pins.

Source.
Willow took one look at this room and went "this! This is the room that I want! I love that giraffe!"
I think she also likes the idea of having two beds in her room. 
Realistically: How are we going to fit two beds into her room? Any toy that big is going to cost money, plus it would take up waaaay too much room- her room isn't this big. However, I could behead some of her toys and mount them on the wall, probably, like they've got here.

Source.
This was another room that Willow loved straight away. "Oooh, this one! This is what I want for my room, mummy!" Willow excitedly told me a few weeks ago. I don't blame her- it's really charming.
Realistically: Matt Blatt does a rainbow striped rug for $495. They also have this multicoloured rug, which is really nice and a smidge cheaper at $418. Ikea do this multicoloured button print rug for $50, which is more our budget right now. The canopy is from Ikea, but recalled. Willow already had a white bed and an expedit from Ikea (now replaced by the kallax). We have some colourful floral bunting. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone who retails charming colourful chairs- Bunnings do a more proletarian version. So, maybe.

Source.
Willow specifically pointed out the Serana and Lily Origami paper pendant as the light she wants for her room, which surprised me. She really, really liked it.
Realistically:  the sole light in her room is attached to a fan, and while we want to change that, that involves electricity and skills we don't have.... and before we get to the point of changing things solely to be pretty, we have lots of stuff to change to make it functional. Sorry kid.

From etsy, but no longer available.
Willow's really into bed canopies, and this is exactly what I want mama, just like that. She's been admiring this for a while.
Realistically: I could do you some curtains like this. Maybe. I did promise rainbow curtains after all, and I was intending to dye them myself. Just don't expect such a large range of pretty colours, ok?

Source
This was another that is exactly what I want mama, at the head of my bed.
Realistically: Go suck up to poppy John. He has the tools for this, I think. A large sheet of plywood cut into shape would probably work. You do however realise that your bedhead has high metal bars on it, so it would cover up the rainbow in all likely hood, right?

Source unknown.
Oh this! I'm getting my curtains done just like this, with that on top, aren't I mama?
Realistically: I was going to ask poppy John to cut some plywood into a cloud shape to mount above your window like a valence. However, before we do that, we have wardrobes to repair, and a shed to line, and walls to paint, and many other little repair jobs... so uh, eventually?

Source.
Can I get a tv in my room? But Amber does! How come Amber can have a tv in her room but I can't? Well. Ok then. Can I have a yellow dress like Belle wears?
Realistically: No way in hell to the tv. Maybe to the dress. Definitely to the toy storage here.

Source.
Oooh, bunnies! I like this mummy!
Realistically: I'm not importing bed linen from Europe for you. Anorak do a rabbit print doona cover, but it's $83, and it's bright orange on a mint background. Snazzy.

I'm looking forward to seeing how her tastes evolve and change, and of course I'm looking forward to seeing her room looking nice. She's actually pretty happy with the pink that's currently on the walls. I also feel like next year will be HUGE for her, since she will be starting school, so it might be more worthwhile to see how she's influenced by her peers, taste wise. Willow's room will be the last room to be repainted in a neutral shade anyway- before we get to her room, we are removing the cursed red suede walls, then the connected common areas (living, kitchen, hallway) and connected jobs. After that, we will move onto the spare room, then the master bedroom, before finally starting on her room. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...