Thursday 7 November 2013

Canberra, part 2





    1. Sydney roads are a dream to drive down at 6am on a Sunday. Win!
    2. No really? A windmill? On the freeway between Sydney and Canberra? How iconic!
    3. Lake George.
    4. What up, Canberra?




    5. Chairs I really wanted. Freedom, DFO. The fuzz down the bottom is Willow's head.
    6. All dressed up and ready to go. Also ready to be late.
    7. "We sat you guys near the bar because we thought you'd like that," our little group was told. Once we got there we realised it was a nice way of saying we were at the least important table, furthest away from the main action. But it was lovely. I chatted to everyone at the table and we all had a wonderful time.








    9. Display in a shop window. I like shapes, I like yarn. Willow also likes shapes and yarn. Hmm.
    10. & 11. Two books I thought Willow would like (that we didn't buy).
    12. Ikea photo frame we both really liked, but didn't buy. I take a lot of photos of things we don't buy.
    13. Ikea have these cardboard Christmas tree that I rather liked.
    14. More chairs I wanted.
    15. Willow, with one of the many meals I ate while in Sydney. Seriously, I was so delighted to be around multicultural food AND decent food I basically just unhinged my jaw and inhaled food for two day straight. Left over wedding cake! No worries, I'll take that home and eat it for breakfast! Pho? I love pho! I'll have all that, and the soup, thanks! M went a little crazy for boost juices- I think we had several each- and I also went crazy for bubble teas, consuming two large ones right before we started the long drive home. In rush hour traffic.
I was the little pig that went wee wee wee all the way home. Weirdly, I did the exact same thing last time we were in Sydney...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...