Sunday 6 October 2013

We are....

M is...
... spending lots of money on the new car. He also wants to purchase me a new bike that I've been sighing over, since it's so much better than my current Big W cheapie.
... Rather taken by his padded bike pants that look like normal pants. I've tried them on too, and it's like sitting on a cloud.

I am...
... regretting getting a cheap bike from Big W. They are not very good. However, my logic at the time was "Well, let's get this cheap bike and see if we will actually use it, yeah?"
... Hoping to save up enough money for this swim suit. Or maybe the red one. I have the red one piece, which is lovely, but it's a bit tight in the vertical region since I'm tall. Plus, I've lost a bit of weight- about two pants sizes, and I think one size up top. I know dresses that were snug on me last year are now very loose across the rib cage, and pants are far too loose for even a belt to hold them up. My weight loss secret is this: Throw out everything that's too small for you and have no money to buy smaller clothes.
... Regretting the purchase of my slow cooker. We used it a lot last winter, but then my parents gave me a dish so I could microwave my rice, and I started purchasing cast iron, which made it obsolete. Sigh. If only the money from that could have been spent on a swim suit instead.
... I scrounged a whole lot of copper from the house being demolished next door. Hey, well, copper is valuable. That's $30 towards my swimsuit fund. Or $30 towards "flying back from Darwin" fund.

Willow is...
... not taking me very seriously. She does, however, take M very seriously and does exactly what he tells her to do, the first time.
... practically worshiping the ground M walks on. I'm just that boring witch she sees every single day, I suspect.
... asking every evening what the plans are for the next day. She likes it when playmates come over, or when we go to the park or library.
... baby obsessed. She also really, really believes in a very literal circle of life- she promises me that when she's grown up, and I'm a little baby, she will take care of me. She believes that all adults will eventually become babies when she's a grown up.
... very pleased with her new nail polish. She selected a pink glittery one and a lime green one. Ever since her nails were painted, she's refused to help me in the garden for fear of damaging her nails.
... keen on my banana-lime- coconut pancakes. She frequently requests them.
... Also keen these beetroot burgers. I don't know if it's the pretty colour, or the natural sweetness of beets, or the fact that I truthfully tell her that there's cheese in there (I grate haloumi instead of sheep's feta) but she is quite fond of these. Also, they freeze very well.
... Avocado. This girl loves avocado.
... waking up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early. Hey, summer sunshine. I haven't missed you.
... allergic to flea bites. My neighbor has two cats, and after visiting there twice, she's coming home and started screaming and wailing that she itches. Another neighbor has two cats, four or five dogs, two rainbow lorikeets and about two dozen chickens... Never had any sort of flea problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...