Tuesday 7 May 2013

New year goals #26

26. Get Willow a table and chairs of her own.

This was done thanks to M's mother's generosity.






M's mother gave us these wooden vanilla coloured table and chairs. She also said we can repaint them as these have seen their fair wear and tear. I also have a massive cane basket that I got from the markets (from the same guy I got the guinea pigs from, actually) that I've always intended to repaint. But what colour? Anyone? Maybe leaf green for the table and chairs, like the green on the table cloth? Apple red for the basket? Sky blue for the basket? Lime green?

Willow's room is due for a possible reshuffle. While I don't mind the current layout of Willow's room, with my parents coming for a holiday.... we don't have anywhere for them to stay. We have the two bedrooms, then a combined kitchen/ living area. The kitchen/ living area is actually quite spacious, but M gets up at 4am to go to work, so he needs to move through that area and turn on lights.

So, what I'm thinking: I move my study desk into my bedroom (assuming it will fit, it has to) and give Willow the whole room, instead of a tiny two thirds. The downsides means that there will definitely be no more room in our bedroom for Willow's bed, so whoever stays with us, is stuck with her.

I haven't told M this because it's been less than six months since the liquid nails fiasco, and all the stress of our little DIY project from hell. I don't know how this "do you think you could remove that board that you liquid nailed on?" is going to go down. Especially since it will prove I was right all along, and instead of liquid nailing that ply wood down, we should have made it a cupboard door.... Plus, I want to give him time to recover from the whole SUPRISE LOOK I GOT US TWO GUINEA PIGS thing.

Wish me luck. And that the removal of the play goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...