Wednesday 29 May 2013

life in motion.

I've tried several different ways of starting this post, but deleted them all. I've been in Sydney for a few days. Now I'm home for two days, and then we are off to M's hometown. Then two more days at home, and my parent's arrive.

Whew.

I feel like we're constantly in motion. Walking, running, on a train, in a taxi, driving in a car. Chasing trains and people and memories. Willow is growing and changing and racing towards being a big girl, but then running back to me and saying she doesn't want to be a big girl any more. But that happens less and less. She is proud of being a big girl now and wearing big girl undies. If you're lucky, she'll even lift up her skirt in a crowded fancy restaurant and show you. I have so many posts to write and pictures to share. But in short- Willow and I trained down to Sydney. It was magnificent. I gave Mel her birthday gifts. I love giving, much more then receiving. Mel gave Willow a gift- her first Lego. We went to the Pregnancy, Children's and Parent's expo, and it was lovely. There were goats to feed, sheep to pat, Elmo and Cookie Monster to meet and greet, and lots and lots and lots of stalls to see. I didn't mange to see them all. We got a new stroller. Something else to post about later, but it's a life changer.

M drove down and we caught a train into Circular Quay to check out Vivid. Indescribable. Despite the rain, and being cold and wet, we were all transfixed by the various light installations all around. More on that later.



And now? Willow's been going to childcare. Twice a week. I have photos of her to show off, and photos of her artwork. But all that comes later, once tummies are full of food, our furry and fluffy friends are fed and watered and cleaned, and mountains of washing are done... but normally when that happens I find myself reading a book or sewing instead of getting on the laptop. But stick with me, just a little while longer, and I'll get there. Eventually. Once we stop always being in motion....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...