Saturday 27 April 2013

Imse Vimse


Willow loves spiders. M isn't so keen, and I'm on the fence. They're an important part of the food web, you know? I know where the red backs like to live, so I'd rather keep Willow away than constantly poison the area. Live, and let live. However, that somewhat changed when M found a red back had spun a web from the roof onto the handles of Willow's bike... he found this by walking outside and bumping into the spider at eye level. I believe his exact words were "all bets are off now, spiders," and I agreed. This isn't our agreement, spiders.

Last night Willow climbed onto our bed to snuggle (she knows I'm powerless to refuse her when she says "But I just want to snuggle with you!") and to play doctor on her toys. She brought out her sheep, and we fixed his broken leg, so then she brought out her spider and laid him on his back.
"What's wrong with Spider?" I asked.
"He got sprayed," Willow explained.

And now I feel bad about all those spider deaths. Willow is also pretty against killing ants, but she loves chopping up anything she finds in our garden while digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...