Friday 15 March 2013

Indoor things and eaten things.





It's been raining. Not cats and dogs, more like flies and floods. Or flies and ants, invading the house. Willow is very concerned about us not hurting "her" ants, which led to the following discussion.
"Mummy, there are lots of ants here!"
"Mmm. Ok, we'll ask M to poison them later."
"No, don't kill my ants mummy! Let's relocate them!"
"... Relocate? Um, where would you like to relocate your ants?"
"Inside."

How do you relocate ants? Do you pick them up one by one? How does my daughter even know the word relocate? Inside isn't the solution, Willow.

The next day Willow was digging in the garden. I asked her what she was doing and she explained she was digging a whole for grandpa. Which raised a few more interesting questions- did she mean FOR grandpa, like he was supposed to go into it at some point, or did she think he was going to come along and use the hole for something, like putting in a plant?

We've planted bird seed in our garden. Mostly just to plant something, anything, in the mud that used to be our veggie patch. I need it to dry out so I can actually dig. It's too wet to dig. Even walking on the lawn I sink in and water wells up around my feet.

Things eaten and enjoyed: banana with yoghurt, chia, cocoa nibs and honey. Yum.Willow certainly agrees.

Willow likes flash photography. Sometimes when she spots me taking photos she asks for me to turn on the flash, and she pulls faces when the flash goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...